The Arctic will soon become the arena of a power struggle for control of the resource-rich region, just as the Middle East has become in recent years. Russia’s armed forces are preparing to play their part in the looming conflict.
Russian Airborne Troops received the first batch of modern snowmobiles. Ten means of high cross-country ability Snegokhod A-1 were delivered to the Ryazan Higher Airborne Command School.
The future officers and warrant officers will learn to use the new materiel during reconnaissance, raids, and rescue operations in different climate conditions including the Arctic ones.
The snowmobiles are delivered to the Airborne Troops within the State Defence Order.
- Russia developing new air defense missile system for Arctic operations
- Russia launches the first military icebreaker for operation in the arctic region
- Russian Airborne specialists defined dangerous areas for landing on ice floats in the Arctic
- Arctic infantry test drive new Ruslan ATV on mountainous snow in Russia
- Russia deploy S-300 AA missile system in the Arctic