The State Border Guard Service of Ukraine (the border guard of Ukraine) started using the new Spectator-M unmanned aircraft systems developed by OJSC “Meridian” named after S.P. Korolyov (part of UkrOboronProm concern).
According to the official website of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine, flights are carried out within the reserved airspace with the help of unmanned aviation complexes BPAC-MP-1 “Spectator-M”.
Currently, 14 such flights have been made. In the future, the State Border Guard Service plans only to increase the activity of using these aviation units and thereby increase the effectiveness of border control.
Spectator-M is designed for tactical reconnaissance and fire adjustment thus it can monitor and analyze any surface. at a distance of 20 km.
- Length, mm 1 365
- Wing span, mm 3 000
- Engine type electric motor
- Service ceiling, m 3000 (max altitude above sea-level —up to 2000)
- Cruising speed, km/h 50
- Landing on parachute in automatic mode
- Flight modes automatic, semiautomatic with in-flight route correction
- Autopilot available
- GPS-receiver available
- Inertial systems available
- Thermal imaging camera available at night and day
The complex consists of three tactical drones, control and surveillance system.