The naval missile and anti-aircraft artillery weapon system Pantsir-ME developed by the Tula KBP (part of the High Precision Systems Holding) provides the ultimate protection against modern air threats, including low-flying and small-size unmanned aerial vehicles.
Pantsir-ME is a fully automated pedestal-mounted close-in weapon system (CIWS) that can carry two six-barrel 30 mm guns and eight infrared guided missiles, equally split on either side of the turret superstructure.
The modular design remains intact: 1 command module and up to 4 combat modules depending on ship type, which allows a flexible defence. The combined missile and artillery armaments ensure an effective engagement of all types of targets within the whole range of field conditions and counter-weapons with a potential for further development until 2020 – 2025.
Pantsir-ME. Key characteristics
- The Pantsir-ME complex combines a powerful artillery weapon system, effective multimode missiles and an integrated multispectral radar and optical fire control system fitted on the turret.
- The combat capability and kill capacity of one channel of these missile and artillery systems are 2 to 4 times higher than those of systems comprising only artillery weapons.
- Engagement zone:
– missiles, km: range: 1.5-20; altitude: 0.002-15
– artillery, km: range: 0.3-4; altitude: 0-3
- Number of targets simultaneously engaged by one module: 4
- A combat module can be operated independently or within a battery consisting of 4 modules.
- Control system – radar and electro-optic, television + thermal imager, laser rangefinder
- Automated control system
- All-weather 24/7 operation
- All the stages of combat performance are performed in motion
Russia’s newest naval anti-aircraft missile system Pantsir-ME has already received export status and is being offered to foreign customers.