South African company Land Mobility Technologies (LMT), a subsidiary of Denel Land Systems, have signed contracts for supplying its LM5 armoured vehicles for two African countries. That was reported by defenceweb.co.za.
The contracts were signed in the current financial year, according to Johan Steyn, Acting CEO of LMT. Due to the terms of the contracts, he could not disclose who the customers are, but said they are both in the Southern African Development Community (SADC) region.
The LM5 was designed and developed as an Armoured Personnel Carrier that can accommodate up to 8 passengers. This vehicle is available in diesel V8 or petrol V8 variants.
The LM5 is certified with STANAG 4569 Level 1 Landmine protection and EN1063 B6 Ballistic protection. Additional packages is available on the LM5 such as various turrets and weapon mounts to accommodate the client’s requirements. LMT offers Integrated Logistic- and Field Service support to ensure ultimate client satisfaction and ensuring optimum availability and reliability.
LM5 MAIN SPECIFICATIONS:
- Engine options include turbocharged diesel / petrol V8.
- Available with automatic or manual transmission and intelligent 4 x 4 system.
- Suspension, brakes and drivetrain tuned to optimize off-road capability and handling.
- Max seating capacity – 8 people.
- Military equipment packages available such as armoured turrets and weapon mounts.
- Compatible with off-shelf commercial parts for the ease of maintenance and repair.