Photos of China’s military deployment to Lincang city has surfaced on Chinese social media. J-7 fighters were seen at Lincang airport and ground based air defense systems were spotted as well.
The Chengdu J-7 is a People’s Republic of China license-built version of the Soviet Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21. Though production ceased in 2013, it continues to serve, mostly as an interceptor, in several air forces, including China’s.
- Guns: 2× 30 mm Type 30-1 cannon, 60 rounds per gun
- Hardpoints: 5 in total – 4× under-wing, 1× centreline under-fuselage with a capacity of 2,000 kg maximum (up to 500 kg each)
- Rockets: 55 mm rocket pod (12 rounds), 90 mm rocket pod (7 rounds)
- Missiles: Air-to-air missiles: PL-2, PL-5, PL-7, PL-8, PL-9, K-13, Magic R.550, AIM-9
- Bombs: 50 kg to 500 kg unguided bombs