Belarusian defence company 2566th Radioelectronic Armament Repair Plant successfully test fired its upgrade 9A33-1B mobile air defence systems at Air Force and Air Defence training range.
That was reported by vsr.mil.by.
The tests were conducted to determine if the prototype example meets the requirements of technical specifications and if the developed documentation is ready for carrying out a serial upgrade of the mobile air defence systems.
The upgrade of in-service systems of the combat vehicle and implementation of new equipment allow:
- to improve combat capabilities and specifications:
- to increase maintainability;
- to make the process of documentation of combat operations automatic;
- to automatise work of the commander of crew;
- to increase possibilities of clutter elimination;
- to increase operational lifetime up to 10 years;
- to improve conditions of work of crew.
During the field tests with the launches of surface-to-air missiles, it was defined that commands generated and transmitted to the missiles ensure steady missile guidance and target destruction.
The trial sample of the 9A33-1B combat vehicle was demonstrated at the 7th MILEX 2014 International Arms Exhibition in Minsk and arouse interest of experts, concerned people, and many visitors. Preliminary tests of the trial sample of the combat vehicle were terminated on 4 August 2015. The tests were conducted within the framework of the R&D Dozor project.