Colombia media on Sunday reported Venezuela had mobilized forces to the country’s Eastern border fears a foreign military intervention.
Some source reported that Caracas deployed more troops to Colombia border and steps
On 4 February, the Twitter account of ELINT News posted a video of what appears to be Venezuela’s army BTR-82s and military trucks with soldiers driving through San Antonio del Táchira near the Colombian border.
A source in Caracas said that Maduro feared that U.S. troops be withdrawn from Afghanistan and Syria, they could be well-suited for redeployment in a Colombia-based conflict with Venezuela.
In addition to this, U.S. President Donald Trump said military intervention in Venezuela was “an option” as Western nations boost pressure on socialist leader Nicolas Maduro to step down.
The United States, Canada and several Latin American countries have disavowed Maduro over his disputed re-election last year and recognized self-proclaimed President Juan Guaido as the country’s rightful leader.
Trump said U.S. military intervention was under consideration in an interview with CBS aired on Sunday.
“Certainly, it’s something that’s on the – it’s an option,” Trump said, adding that Maduro requested a meeting months ago.
This statement he made after U.S. national security adviser John Bolton seemed to be broadcasting big plans for the regime-change operation in Venezuela when he was photographed with a yellow legal pad on which he’d scrawled “5,000 troops to Colombia.”
So this notepad that National Security Advisor John Bolton was holding today at the White House briefing on Venezuela says:— Rao Komar (@RaoKomar747) 28 January 2019
"Afghanistan -> Welcome the Talks. 5,000 troops to Colombia."
If confirmed this would be a pretty terrible OPSEC breach.https://t.co/KS0Issfvps pic.twitter.com/IOrSprG567