Some Ukrainian defence companies showed interest in the module SARP-L stabilized advanced remote weapon platform during IDEF 2017 exhibition.
Ukraine’s defence companies are considering the SARP-L stabilized advanced remote weapon platform developed by ASELSAN to equip of new armoured vehicles. That was reported source in “League of Defense Companies of Ukraine”.
The SARP-L remotely operated stabilized weapon platform combines high-precision reconnaissance capabilities with excellent firepower to serve tactical needs of the battlefield. The remote weapon platform can be equipped with 7.62 mm machine gun with 400 rounds. Through its extensive surveillance and remote control capabilities, SARP enhances situational awareness of the gunner in his proximity while the vulnerability to attacks is decreased drastically.
- Elevation Limit : -30° / +60°
- Azimuth Motion : n x 360° (continuous)
Weight and Height
- Platform : < 80 kg (wo Ammo & Armor)
- Height : < 55 cm
- Remote Operation and Firing Capabilities
- 3 in 1 Electro Optic Sensor Package (Day TV / Thermal Camera – LRF)
- High on-the move firing accuracy
- Effectiveness Against Asymmetric Threats
- Automatic Target Tracking
- Automatic Ballistic Calculation
- Capability for Integration to External Sensors and Systems
- Manuel Operation & Control
- Maximum gunner safety provided by under armor operation.
- Modular structure for adaptation to various platforms.
- Last Ammunition Warning
- Fired Rounds Counter
- Adaptation to Environmental Standards
- Adaptation to EMI / EMC
- STANAG 4569 Level 1 Armor Protection
ASELSAN is a company of Turkish Armed Forces Foundation, established in 1975 in order to meet the communication needs of the Turkish Armed Forces by national means. Currently (5,43% of the shares are owned by the Foundation whereas the remaining 15,3% runs in İstanbul Borsa stock market.