The National Guard of Russia, also known as the «Russian Guards», will receive new «Patrol» armored vehicles designed by the CJSC «Asteys» as a private venture. that reported military-informant.com.
«Patrol» 4×4 armored vehicle is made to deploy various missions, peace keeping operations and convoy escort. «Patrol» is a Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle / MRAP which is used primarily as a mounted infantry troop carrier and ground support vehicle for dismounted troops and can be easily configured as command and control vehicle, medical evacuation platform or as a forward observation platform (FOO).
Russian company started the production of «Patrol» 4×4 armored vehicle in collaboration with OJSC “KAMAZ”. New armored vehicles will be produced for the National Guard of Russia. According to the novocert.ru, 2 such vehicles were ordered and will be delivered by the end of 2016.
- Dimensions – 7160 x 2550 x 3420 mm.
- The base – 4180 mm.
- Mass of the vehicle in running order – no more than 11,200 kg.
- Technically permissible maximum vehicle weight – not more than 12,700 kg.
- Maximum trailer weight with brakes – 7000 kg.
- Engine: 8-cylinder V-type diesel engine in volume 11762 cm3 capacity of 191 kW (260 hp).
The vehicle interior can be fully customized to specific requirements which include jump seats, benches and individual bucket seats with safety features for personnel protection during high speed and off-road maneuvers.