Minsk Wheel Tractor Plant, (TM VOLAT®), Belarus, and Al Badie Trading Establishment, UAE, signed the Supply Agreement for delivery of the heavy-duty Tank Transporters (total load capacity is 136 t) to the UAE GHQ Armed Forces. VOLAT is launchinVolat off-road Tank Transporterg the new Tank Transporters specially designed for the needs of the UAE GHQ Armed Forces, expanding its worldwide presence and confirming its ability to meet the requirements of the most demanding Customers in the international markets.
The new Volat off-road Tank Transporter consists of 8×8 all-wheel drive prime mover MZKT-741351, semi-trailer MZKT-999421 and trailer MZKT-837211, and is capable to carry up to 3 tracked and wheeled combat vehicles (MBT, BMP-3, Howitzer G6) or 20/40-foot containers up to 130 tons.
Prime mover MZKT-741351:
– Equipped with CAT С18 engine, ALLISON transmission with electronic control, hydraulic double-drum winch;
– Fully independent suspension for securing of high cross-country ability and steerability;
– More space in newly designed steel modular cabin enabling to locate up to 8 seats for driver and combat vehicle crew;
– Different variants of cab armoring secured by special fittings, brackets for rifles and pivoting roof hatch.
Semi-trailer MZKT-999421 and trailer MZKT-83721:
– Movable shelter on trailer and semi-trailer;
– Extendable loading platform (width adjustable from 3 650 mm to 4 650mm);
– Semi-trailer hydraulic wheel drive (optional) to increase a cross-country ability ;
– Approach of the armored tracked vehicles from trailer to semi-trailer.
MZKT-741351+MZKT-999421+MZKT-837211 is equipped traditionally with onboard information system, tire pressure control system and CTIS as a.
During development of the new heavy-duty Tank Transporter the latest designing ideas and engineering solutions were implemented by VOLAT to secure the highest level of quality and reliability along with high load capacity and endurance.
The first unit of the new Tank Transporter MZKT-741351+999421+837211 is expected to be supplied to the UAE GHQ Armed Forces in July 2016.
The Supply Agreement was signed on behalf of VOLAT by the General director Mr. Igor Letov and on behalf of Al Badie Trading Establishment by the Vice-President Mr. Khaled Mohammed Al Badie.