Antonov’s new transport and special mission aircraft, the An-132D, will make its Middle East debut at the Dubai Airshow 2017 in the United Arab Emirates.
Antonov An-132D aircraft for the first time will take part in demonstration flights at the Dubai Airshow for to show its capabilities and the maneuverability. The aircraft is developed by Antonov and Saudi Arabia’s Taqnia and King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology (KACST) in cooperation with world-leading aerospace companies.
An-132 is the first plane with no Russian components, created by the SE “Antonov”, which is the part of the SC “UkrOboronProm”; it is an example of international cooperation of Ukraine and international aerospace giants.
The new aircraft is a westernised version of the Antonov An-32 twin-engined turboprop military transport aircraft featuring with new Pratt & Whitney PW150 engines, avionics form Honeywell, life-support systems from Germany’s Liebherr, propellers from Messier Bugatti Dowty (Safran Landing Systems), and auxiliary power units from Hamilton Sundstrand.
- Capacity: according to configuration, it can carry:
- 9,200 kg (20,300 lb) cargo.
- 75 troops.
- 27 stretchers.
- Length: 24.53 m (80 ft 6 in)
- Wingspan: 29.20 m (95 ft 10 in)
- Height: 8.80 m (28 ft 10 in)
- Max takeoff weight: 28,500 kg (62,832 lb)
- Powerplant: 2 × Pratt & Whitney Canada PW150A turboprops, 3,781 kW (5,071 shp) each
- Propellers: six-bladed Dowty R408, 4.11 m (13 ft 6 in) diameter
- Cruise speed: 550 km/h (342 mph; 297 kn)
- Range: 4,400 km (2,734 mi; 2,376 nmi)
- Service ceiling: 9,000 m (30,000 ft)
In April of 2015 “Taqnia Aeronautics” and UOP SE”Antonov” signed a partnership agreement on development and production of light transport aircraft An-132 in Saudi Arabia. The prototype was rolled out in Kyiv on 20 December 2016, followed by the first flight which took off from Antonov’s factory at Sviatoshyn Airfield and landed at their test center at Antonov Airport in Gostomel on 31 March 2017.