ST Kinetics (Singapore Technologies Kinetics Ltd) has unveiled a new version of its Ultimax 100 Mark 8 light machine gun in Rio de Janeiro, during Defense and Security fair in Latin America (LAAD Defense & Security 2017).
That was reported by planobrazil.com.
The Ultimax 100 is one of the lightest recoil 5.56mm calibre machine guns in the world. Designed for one-man operation, the Ultimax 100 combines its patented constant recoil feature with other attributes for a dramatic increase in accuracy and firepower. Sold to more than 25 countries in the world, the Ultimax 100 has the system capability to meet the adverse mission requirements expected of a truly portable Squad Automatic System and is unequalled in field performance.
The Ultimax 100 Mk8 is an upgraded model from the Ultimax 100 Mk5. New features from the previous Marks include a semi-automatic fire mode, as well as a quick-change barrel.
The key technical features of the Ultimax 100 Mk8 are:
- Low weight of 5kg for the basic system
- Constant recoil system with low felt recoil for accurate automatic fire
- Improved aesthetics and ergonomics\
- Removable Lower Receiver with single shot and full automatic modes of fire
- Open Bolt system with no cook-off constraint
- Unique trigger safety mechanism that allows charging in safe mode
- Retractable Stock with height adjustments and can be removed for firing
- Uses M16 type box magazine, 100 rounds C-MAG and ULTIMAX 100 drum magazines
- Calibre (mm) 5.56×45
- Length (mm) 935/1025
- Weight (kg) 5
- Effective Range (m) 800 (SS109) / 460 (M193)
- Operation Gas Operation, Open Bolt, Short Stroke Piston & Gas Adjustments
- Mode Safe, Semi and Full Auto
- Barrel Length (mm) 508 / 457 / 330