The Moscow-based “Special projects of mechanical engineering” is developing a new MPCT multi-purpose crawler-transporter with electromechanical transmission.
The new MPCT multi-purpose armoured tracked vehicle is intended to replace the aging Soviet MT-LB multi-purpose tracked carrier that is still in use by more than 20 countries.
The “Special projects of mechanical engineering” is currently working on the creation of a multi-purpose crawler-transporter (MPCT), fully capable to operate in the Arctic’s extreme conditions. For now, the company completed our calculations and mathematical modeling of the vehicle.
MPCTis an innovative vehicle, which comprises:
- hybrid power units;
- electromechanical transmissions (EMTs);
- intellectual on-board electronics and control systems;
- remote control option;
- rubber block tracks.
According to the company, key components of EMTs and hybrid power units (DVIT-110 traction motors, GVIT-210 traction generators, control systems) were developed by “Special projects of mechanical engineering”. MPCT has no components and assemblies of foreign manufacture. MPCT has no Russian counterparts.
- Operational weight,12 000kg
- Maximum load capacity,4 000kg
- Maximum trailer weight,6 500kg
- Total number of seats with driver’s one18
- Track,2 500mm
- Wheelbase,4 445mm
- Maximum angle of gradient,35°
- Maximum banking angle,25°
- Specific ground pressure,0,485kgf/sm2
- Suspension: Individual, with torsion bar and hydraulic shock absorbers, mounted on the front and rear lower track rollers.