King Abdullah II Design and Development Bureau (KADDB) showcases upgraded version of Dawsar heavy armored personal carrier during the Special Operations Forces Exhibition & Conference (SOFEX) in Amman, Jordan.
The Dawsar is an heavy armored personal carrier developed by King Abdullah Design and Development Bureau. Project concept develop a new variation of the mechanized troops’ platforms by converting an obsolete main battle tank (Tariq MBT) into a heavy infantry combat vehicle utilizing the main chassis & driveline components (Power pack, final drive, road wheels, rollers, idlers & tracks).
- The new developed vehicle shall accommodate 2 + 7 troops.
- The development shall not include any widening for the original chassis
- The vehicle shall provide a main entrance crew door located in the frontal part of the vehicle, in addition to suitable number of roof hatches.
- The developed vehicle shall provide the following STANAG 4569 protection levels:
- STANAG 5; against kinetic energy & artillery fragments to the troops.
- STANAG 1; against grenades & blast mine threats.
Dawsar heavy APC has a low profile hull.hull sides covered with massive side skirts.Dawsar provides full protection against medium calibere KE ammunition its protection equal to that of main battle tank .It is batter protected then m-113 currently used by Jordanian Army.