HDT Global showcase Storm SRTV light tactical all-terrain vehicle at Special Operations Forces Industry Conference, SOFIC 2016. The HDT Storm SRTV, developed in conjunction with Special Operations Forces, is a highly mobile light-weight tactical vehicle that facilitates mission success in austere environments and that answers the previously unmet challenges these warfighters face.
The Storm SRTV ensures mission range, provides multi-role configurations, and can be transported internally by M/HC-130P/N/J, C-130/C-130J, KC-130J and C-17 fixed- wing aircraft as well as the CH-47 and CH-53 helicopters.
To further enhance mission capability, the vehicle can drive on and drive off these aircraft without shoring and can be deployed through low velocity aerial delivery or JPADS methods.
Rapid Composites is the first fully autonomous and amphibious, IP-67, man-portable, VTOL tri-copter/quad-copter
- High performance mid-engine design with high horsepower (430 hp) to provide performance, maneuverability and versatility
- Long travel suspension and optimized approach and departure angles
- Carries up to three litters, in rollover protection system (ROP), without modifications, maintaining 360° weapon field of fire
- Cutting brakes allow U-turns on steep hills within the length and width of the vehicle and allows high speed J-turns
- A 20′ (6.1 m) turning diameter curb-to-curb
- Performs at 10,000′ (3,048 m) above mean sea level with higher horsepower levels than competitive vehicles offer at sea level
- Traverses terrain considered impassable to conventional vehicles, including vertical rock terrain
- Rollover safety for all occupants without limiting mission operational performance
- Extreme maneuverability in rugged environments
- Rapid evasive maneuverability in confined spaces
At the SOFIC demo it is equipped with a BULLRAY amphibious VTOL UAS from Rapid Composites. This UAS can start and land in water (waterproof IP67 design), is made of composite material and need no transport as a protection. The payload should be 7 kg and after 15 seconds it is ready to fly, flight time is up to 45 minutes. Three Picatinny rails offer different implements, it is able to carry the FN Herstal FNH-303 less than lethal launcher system. That reported bywww.miltechmag.com.
HDT Global delivers innovative solutions to military, government, industrial, and commercial market customers around the world. As a manufacturer of rugged and durable products used for expeditionary applications in the most extreme and harsh environments, our success is measured by our decades as a trusted supplier working with all branches of the U.S. military and global allies; as well as the world’s leading commercial expeditionary and heavy industrial manufacturing companies in deep-shaft mining, paper and pulp manufacturing, and steelmaking. In addition to expeditionary and industrial manufacturing market sector solutions, HDT develops robotic solutions for use in the healthcare market.